YOU’RE AT THE TOP WHEN (ZIG ZIGLAR)
1. You clearly understand that failure is an event, not a person; that yesterday ended last night, and today is your brand-new day.
2. You have made friends with your past, are focused on the present, and optimistic about your future.
3. You know that success (a win) doesn’t make you, and failure (a loss) doesn’t break you.
4. You are filled with faith, hope, and love; and live without anger, greed, guilt, envy, or thoughts of revenge.
5. You are mature enough to delay gratification and shift your focus from your rights to your responsibilities.
6. You know that failure to stand for what is morally right is the prelude to being victim of what is criminally wrong.
7. You are secure in who you are, so you are at peace with God and in fellowship with man.
8. You have made friends of your adversaries, and have gained love and respect of those who know you best.
9. You understand that others can give you pleasure, but genuine happiness comes when you do things for others.
10. You are pleasant to the grouch, courteous to the rude, and generous to the needy.
11. You love the unlovable, give hope to the hopeless, friendship to the friendless, and encouragement to the discouraged.
12. You can look back in forgiveness, forward in hope, down in compassion, and up with gratitude.
13. You know that “he who would be the greatest among us must become the servant of all.”
14. You recognize, confess, develop, and use your God-given physical, mental, and spiritual abilities to the glory of God and for the benefit of all mankind.
15. You stand in front of the Creator of the universe, and he says to you, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant.”